JIF Additional Information
- Identify social justice issues could be most effectively addressed via public policy change.
- Educate the congregation using website, information sessions, email, Facebook etc.
- Develop strategies to empower and equip members to become citizen advocates for social justice on issues that they deem important.
- Provide workshops on the legislative process, writing editorials, and writing letters to our representatives on an as needed basis.
- Help to organize/calendar awareness raising events (i.e. Bread for the World Sunday, Fair Trade Coffee Demo
- Offer (quarterly) informational forums on specific issues.
Organizations that guide our choices on what we share with the congregation:
Alabama Arise www.arise.org (member congregation)
Alabama Poverty Project (APP) www.alabamapossible.org
Alabama Citizens for Constitutional Reform www.constitutionalreform.org
Bread for the World www.bread.org
Other online resources
Evangelicals for Social Action www.esa-online.org